Engine update 8952 is up.
This is the 1st released version with:
- New OpenGL renderer backend! (speeeed) :)
- Speedy particles (100.000 should not be a problem now…)
- New models in new format (some animation still need tweaking/fixes)
- Network protocol updates, errors with out of sync moves are prevented now.
I am still working out some kinks, so it is not 100% ready yet, more updates to follow!
- Some video cards (pre-2010 computers…) may require a driver update to keep working… no new hardware needs to be bought though! :)
- A lot of the new promised speed seems lost for the windows version: reason: something weird is happening in the GUI code. (Working on it!)
- Not all models have been converted, the engine is complaining about that on the console.
- Some animations have been incorrectly converted/named: will fix!
- You may get “Division by zero” crashes. this is due to some LGS script dividing by zero!