All these sleepless nights caring for my little boy bring a lot of ideas.
I have been working on the next update of the game engine:
These are things i have done so far:
- The renderer is now completely OpenGL “Core profile”, no more deprecated (old) functionality! (And perhaps in future: android support?)
- Fixed a lot of stutters in the rendering, game feels a lot smoother now.
- Many more frames per second…
- Lower cost to do particles…. 2000 particles were a lot for the previous version…. tested to 100.000 particles with the next! :D
- New network protocol features to make network play smoother.
This is what i am still working on:
- discovered that the old models (MDL) render very very slow… more then 50% of CPU is wasted on this: so i am converting old models to new models.
- Tuning and testing of all the new code… it’s a big update… so a lot of testing!